Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
future of city planner?
Looks like we're good for the month of May  Big Grin
(05-02-2018, 08:29 PM)letoubab Wrote: Looks like we're good for the month of May  Big Grin

Yes, exactly, and not only for the may
Hi, I was wondering - with all the discussion about the future of city planner - what is to be done when Flash reaches end of life in 2020?

Macromedia (or rather Adobe) has said everyone should stop using Flash by that point. Will you be converting this to HTML5?
Top Ten Player on US 25 Z World
Forge of Empires US Forum Moderator
Collector of GE Data
(05-30-2018, 01:27 PM)Dursland Wrote: Hi, I was wondering - with all the discussion about the future of city planner - what is to be done when Flash reaches end of life in 2020?

Macromedia (or rather Adobe) has said everyone should stop using Flash by that point. Will you be converting this to HTML5?

2020!? let's just worry about making it to the end of this year for now, because the way things have been going we might not have to worry about the end of Flash life  Sad
(05-30-2018, 01:27 PM)Dursland Wrote: Hi, I was wondering - with all the discussion about the future of city planner - what is to be done when Flash reaches end of life in 2020?

No, I will not convert it to HTML5. But this is still 1.5 years. I am considering creating mobile app though. But I will need to perform croudfunding campaign for that - i cannot cover developmental costs myself.
(05-30-2018, 11:13 PM)letoubab Wrote:

2020!? let's just worry about making it to the end of this year for now, because the way things have been going we might not have to worry about the end of Flash life  Sad

Server cost is covered for 1 year.
If city planner is in danger of being taken down, would you consider making it open source?

That way it would be much simpler for someone else to get it up and going somehow.

Maybe not now but at least if it goes down? You could make the github beforehand so we know where. Smile
Collector of GE Data
Thumbs Up 
Until the end March 2019, this is music to my ears! [Image: music.png][Image: thumbsup.png][Image: biggrin.png] Whatever you did to get it going, Congrats ingwe!
(06-02-2018, 06:18 AM)Dursland Wrote: If city planner is in danger of being taken down, would you consider making it open source?

That way it would be much simpler for someone else to get it up and going somehow.

Maybe not now but at least if it goes down? You could make the github beforehand so we know where. Smile

There are no plans to make it opensource, for various reasons.
Then I hope it does not go down because it would be pretty messed up to take donations and not make it permanently available to the community.

However we do all appreciate your work and hope it continues for a long time to come. Thank you.
Collector of GE Data