Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Some new features
First, let me say that your city planner is amazing and that I love it!

That having been said, there *are* some features that I feel would be immensely helpful, especially when a player is trying to figure *how* to get to that better, more organized, city that they have finally figured out... especially when space is tight.

1) When in construction mode, either model view or "blueprint" view, allow swapping of buildings to behave just like in game.
    Lets say I want to swap between two small buildings with one large building.  If I grab the large building and try to drop it on the location of the two smaller buildings, the "footprint" of the large building turns red, signalling that I can't drop the building there because the space is currently occupied by two or more other buildings.  But if I grab one of the smaller buildings first and drag it over to the large building, the smaller buildings footprint turns blue, signalling that I'm able to swap them because only one building is currently occupying that space.  So after the swap, the cursor is now showing that I'm dragging the larger building around on the screen.  Once again, I position it over the space the two smaller building used to occupy, but now the footprint is colored blue, showing that I can swap out the second smaller building for the larger building.  Finally, I have the second smaller building on my cursor.  I drag it over to the open space next to the first smaller building (the space the larger building used to be in) and it's footprint color turns green, showing that I can drop the building there and won't have yet another building on my cursor.
Having this ability alone would be awesome!

2a) Being able to delete an unoccupied expansion (4x4 square of space), but only if I added it via the planning tool.  If it is an open space that was imported from an existing city, it shouldn't be eligible for deletion.
Why would anyone want this?  Because when your reorganizing a large city, it's helpful to create a separate temporary space to act as "storage".  Some place that you can put buildings, roads and decorations for a short period while remodeling the city.  The problem is that, when I do that with your planner, I end up with an open space off to the side that I can't get rid of.

2b) Create an actual Storage space and function.
-Clicking on the storage icon would open up a nav pane on the left showing everything that is currently in storage.  
-While the storage pane is open, holding down the left Control key and single clicking on a building, decoration or road would immediately place that item in storage.  
-The nav pane immediately updates to show any item just placed into storage.
This would give organizers the temporary space needed to more quickly reorganize a city without the need to right down which buildings or decorations that had to be deleted in order to create space to work with while doing the reorganization (which then have to be manually added back later).

3) Efficiency Stats on a city, including:
- How many total spaces the city currently occupies (excluding Town Hall)
- How many spaces in each category - Roads, residential, goods, supplies, military, Great Buildings, special buildings, etc.
- How much population of the population is in use by category (i.e. goods/supplies/military buildings)
- How much space is being used to generate Happiness
- Space efficiency ratios by category (i.e. ratio of used space to total space by coins/goods/supplies/military/GBs, etc.)
- Population efficiency ratios by category (i.e. ratio of population to coins/goods/supplies produced)
- Happiness efficiency ratios by both space and population

4) Forge Points!
So far, anything that produces Forge Points (Town Hall,Great Buildings, special buildings) are not showing any Forge Points at all, let alone how many are produces in what time frame.
It would also be great if there was a stat that showed how many Forge Points a day a city was producing.

That's all I can think of for now.  I hope that you find some or all of these ideas worthy of consideration.

Thanks again for such an outstanding tool and for all your hard work.  Cheers!
These are great ideas.
Great ideas! It would be nice to seem them implemented sometimes.

Ingwe: thanks a lot for your outstanding work! This tool is amazing. 
With all the special events I would think it is hard to get the new buildings uploaded into this city planner; perhaps an alternative would be to have some generic placeholders in general sizes (2x2, 2x3, 3x2, 3x3, 4x4, etc.) that we could use to plan our city in order to place buildings that aren't in inventory yet?
how do I get in to tools menu ?
(05-26-2017, 04:16 PM)Gesyca_is_joy Wrote: With all the special events I would think it is hard to get the new buildings uploaded into this city planner; perhaps an alternative would be to have some generic placeholders in general sizes (2x2, 2x3, 3x2, 3x3, 4x4, etc.) that we could use to plan our city in order to place buildings that aren't in inventory yet?

This is a great idea.  It would allow us to fill the voids created by new special buildings that have not yet been put into the city planner.