Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chrome automatically disabling Flash in next update
Not sure if you've seen this yet ingwe, but the next update to Chrome (76) will be automatically disabling Flash by default and people will need to manually go into their settings to enable websites asking permission to run Flash. I know you've mentioned that you're working on an HTML5 version and I know that's a major project, so I'm not sure if you'll have that done in time, but I wanted to make you aware just in case you missed the Chrome announcement so that you might be able to put a notice on the front page with instructions on how to enable flash once the new Chrome update is released.

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to update the buildings! I was very pleasantly surprised when I came across the event buildings!
(08-02-2019, 08:05 PM)Subjectv Wrote: Not sure if you've seen this yet ingwe, but the next update to Chrome (76) will be automatically disabling Flash by default and people will need to manually go into their settings to enable websites asking permission to run Flash. I know you've mentioned that you're working on an HTML5 version and I know that's a major project, so I'm not sure if you'll have that done in time, but I wanted to make you aware just in case you missed the Chrome announcement so that you might be able to put a notice on the front page with instructions on how to enable flash once the new Chrome update is released.

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to update the buildings! I was very pleasantly surprised when I came across the event buildings!

Isn't that a default behavior for last year already? Because we need to manually activate/allow flash to run on the page right now. 
Yes, I am working on v.2 of City planner, though it's not an HTML5 version (it will be an app). Unfortunately, no estimate for the release date so far as it take a lot of time.
(08-05-2019, 09:45 AM)ingwe Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 08:05 PM)Subjectv Wrote: Not sure if you've seen this yet ingwe, but the next update to Chrome (76) will be automatically disabling Flash by default and people will need to manually go into their settings to enable websites asking permission to run Flash. I know you've mentioned that you're working on an HTML5 version and I know that's a major project, so I'm not sure if you'll have that done in time, but I wanted to make you aware just in case you missed the Chrome announcement so that you might be able to put a notice on the front page with instructions on how to enable flash once the new Chrome update is released.

Isn't that a default behavior for last year already? Because we need to manually activate/allow flash to run on the page right now. 
Yes, I am working on v.2 of City planner, though it's not an HTML5 version (it will be an app). Unfortunately, no estimate for the release date so far as it take a lot of time.

The way it works right now is that when I visit the site, Chrome gives me a little pop-up asking if I want to allow Flash. With the new update, everyone will first have to go into their settings before they even have the chance to get that pop-up when they visit the site, and I think a lot of people won't know to do that (or how)
(08-05-2019, 10:22 PM)Subjectv Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 09:45 AM)ingwe Wrote:

The way it works right now is that when I visit the site, Chrome gives me a little pop-up asking if I want to allow Flash. With the new update, everyone will first have to go into their settings before they even have the chance to get that pop-up when they visit the site, and I think a lot of people won't know to do that (or how)

Not exactly like that. I checked it yesterday. Yes, you have to change the settings as well. However, you still have that popup which you already had during last year. After clicking on Activate, another blocked popup will appear, where the user can change the settings.
well, I am not sure what I can do with that. I think people will just have to follow all these steps for now if they want to use City Planner.