Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broken roads
Photo 
Hi, I would like to report that since today (or perhaps 1-2 days back, I was not in FoE city planner everyday) all roads are misplaced. They seem to be out moved like half a field. Thank you for all fixes you did (Tower of Babel is no longer flying and event buildings are no longer missing), but could you please fixed the roads?

Thank you Heart

here you can see what I mean https://ctrlv.cz/BWDs

[Image: BWDs.png]
I hope they can fix it soon... I love using this when I'm getting ready for a big change to my city and like to figure out how to make everything fit the way I want....

I appreciate how hard you have worked on keeping this website going and how handy this is for anyone who likes to see there city transformed when they want to make incredible changes or get an idea on how to get ready for the next Era
Thank You for everything
Thanks for reporting. I am aware of it. That's an unfortunate issue during last update. I am not sure when I will fix it, as I am pretty much busy (also busy with v.2 of City planner)
Bonjour
Je suis nouveau ici et nouvel utilisateur de City planet, et oui j'ai également remarqué qu'il y avait des bugs sur certaines routes, je viens donc aux nouvelles !
Jean-Marie
(08-05-2019, 09:50 AM)ingwe Wrote: Thanks for reporting. I am aware of it. That's an unfortunate issue during last update. I am not sure when I will fix it, as I am pretty much busy (also busy with v.2 of City planner)

Does it make sense to devote time to version 2 when version 1 isn't working correctly? Broken roads, missing city components, etc., all need to be working properly before any other versions are developed. I have been donating monthly to this project, but as of today, I've terminated the automatic donation. Before I retired, I was a software developer for 45 years. I understand the complexities of supporting a tool like this. I also know that when I was involved in development and the software did not function properly, we didn't get paid. It makes me sad to see City Planner is such a broken and unusable condition, because at one point in time, it was a reliable and useful tool. Unfortunately, that has changed. A third of my city now shows as unused (green) space, rather than the buildings that are really there. At this time, it's actually easier for me to use the FOE in-game tools to rearrange my city.
(09-02-2019, 06:46 PM)dave2739@gmail.com Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 09:50 AM)ingwe Wrote: Thanks for reporting. I am aware of it. That's an unfortunate issue during last update. I am not sure when I will fix it, as I am pretty much busy (also busy with v.2 of City planner)

Does it make sense to devote time to version 2 when version 1 isn't working correctly? Broken roads, missing city components, etc., all need to be working properly before any other versions are developed. I have been donating monthly to this project, but as of today, I've terminated the automatic donation. Before I retired, I was a software developer for 45 years. I understand the complexities of supporting a tool like this. I also know that when I was involved in development and the software did not function properly, we didn't get paid. It makes me sad to see City Planner is such a broken and unusable condition, because at one point in time, it was a reliable and useful tool. Unfortunately, that has changed. A third of my city now shows as unused (green) space, rather than the buildings that are really there. At this time, it's actually easier for me to use the FOE in-game tools to rearrange my city.

Hello, Dave.
First of all, thanks for your support!
Let me comment on your points now.
Version 1 indeed accumulated issues. This is one of the reason why I started developing next version. It actually does not matter what number did I assigned to it. I called it v2 just because it's a significant redesign of the whole City planner. You can think about it as the version which fixes bugs in v1 as well as adds new features. There are few goals in this next version:
  • make the City planner available on mobile
  • fix current issues
  • add new features which will put City planner far above reconstruction mode in the original game
Please, do not forget that this whole system is developed and maintained for few years by single person. Taking into account the amount of work I invested into it, I really doubt that all donations from gamers (and I do not have any other financial support for this project) will ever cover the time I spent. 
As to your broken city. That's probably indeed might be the case 1 month ago before I updated city entities. There were a lot of missing city buildings by that time and I decided to update the data and not to make people waiting for next version of the City planner. I have not checked new entities during last month, but I really doubt that so many of them were introduced that the third of your city is not loaded right now.
Anyway, I hope you will decided to give v2 another try when it gets released. Thank you for your support again!
Hello,

Please can be this issue fixed? Core problem is, that till this isnt fixed, no will will be using this tool, because it is just to big error and you cant see/manage the roads.

It will be not much point to create newer version of this tool, when we cant use this old one for months, and we just forget about it, and will not know when new version are launched. FOE players need constantly to maintaine there citys. Even if you revert for last working one will be much better like now, thank you.
(09-12-2019, 11:55 AM)MasTTerroR Wrote: Hello,

Please can be this issue fixed? Core problem is, that till this isnt fixed, no will will be using this tool, because it is just to big error and you cant see/manage the roads.

It will be not much point to create newer version of this tool, when we cant use this old one for months, and we just forget about it, and will not know when new version are launched. FOE players need constantly to maintaine there citys. Even if you revert for last working one will be much better like now, thank you.

I will try to fix it in next few weeks.
Hello,
wouldn't it be possible, to go back to an older version, which misses some buildings but works correctly with roads?
Do we have an ETA on a fix for the title of this thread? Has been almost 3 weeks since your last post!