Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Future of City Planner 2019 reply
I have come across this thread The future of City planner 2019 stating that the future of FoE city planner is at question because he is using a hosting service that is charging him $1650 if he pays upfront or $206 per month if he pays on a monthly basis, and I have to ask the administrator @ingwe are you serious? what exactly are you paying $1650 or $206 per month? I would like to see that hosting plan, and the reasons for choosing that exact hosting plan, dude, this is the 2019th, you can get large website hosting packages for as low as $20-30 a year, or lets say you take the biggest package and you pay $100 a year with every possible hosting service you need for it .... You can also get google cloud hosting, which is free, the only thing they charge you is a static IP address which goes for as low as $1 a year Hosting a Website on Google Cloud .... I may not grasp how big this project is, what space it takes or what resources it uses, but i still believe that you are either wasting money on a service you do not need, or your making a really bad choice in selecting your hosting services provider, or you are just trying to score some money from the users, which is fine, you deserve to get some money from your users considering the work you put in this project, but $1650 a year or $206 a month for hosting is ABSURD! ....
(03-21-2019, 10:01 AM)KronikPillow Wrote: I have come across this thread The future of City planner 2019 stating that the future of FoE city planner is at question because he is using a hosting service that is charging him $1650 if he pays upfront or $206 per month if he pays on a monthly basis, and I have to ask the administrator @ingwe are you serious? what exactly are you paying $1650 or $206 per month? I would like to see that hosting plan, and the reasons for choosing that exact hosting plan, dude, this is the 2019th, you can get large website hosting packages for as low as $20-30 a year, or lets say you take the biggest package and you pay $100 a year with every possible hosting service you need for it .... You can also get google cloud hosting, which is free, the only thing they charge you is a static IP address which goes for as low as $1 a year Hosting a Website on Google Cloud .... I may not grasp how big this project is, what space it takes or what resources it uses, but i still believe that you are either wasting money on a service you do not need, or your making a really bad choice in selecting your hosting services provider, or you are just trying to score some money from the users, which is fine, you deserve to get some money from your users considering the work you put in this project, but $1650 a year or $206 a month for hosting is ABSURD! ....

Thanks for suggestions. However, as you have stated yourself - "I may not grasp how big this project is, what space it takes or what resources it uses". I already had similar discussion a year ago. https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/inde...ost-246945
This is not a static website hosting.