• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
login problems
Hey
I can not log in with my user name and password in the city tools  Sad
(08-17-2016, 06:18 AM)jyh1956 Wrote: Hey
I can not log in with my user name and password in the city tools  Sad

Did you check this?
http://foemanager.com/community/showthread.php?tid=4
I have the same problem - I cannot log in to my account in the City Planner.

I registered yesterday and then logged in to the City Planner. It did not require email verification (unlike here, in the forum).
This evening I wanted to continue working with the city I started planning, but when I entered my login credentials nothing happened. Clicking on Log In button just does not work.
(08-19-2016, 09:31 PM)Arlene Wrote: Clicking on Log In button just does not work.

Could you please be more specific. What did you mean that nothing works - do you see spinning loader, do you get some error message?
(08-21-2016, 10:49 AM)ingwe Wrote:
(08-19-2016, 09:31 PM)Arlene Wrote: Clicking on Log In button just does not work.

Could you please be more specific. What did you mean that nothing works - do you see spinning loader, do you get some error message?

I have the same problem with login.
I try to login and it does the spinning loader but after that nothing happens, everything stays the same.
I know I used the right name and password but it won't let me in, and even if I did enter it in incorrectly there is no way for me to retrieve my password.
To tell the truth, it all looks like using of invalid login credentials.
Please, read updated help thread about sing in/up processes which may answer some of your questions

http://foemanager.com/community/showthread.php?tid=4
Hi again,

I think I might have found an answer to our mysterious problem.

I have read again the instructions from ingwe and...  Idea I stopped at the point "The password must have at least 6 characters."

I opened the City Planner and tried to log in.
My password is longer than 6 chracters, but I entered only the first 6 of them and... it worked! Smile

Maybe it is the same in your cases? Are your passwords longer than 6 signs?
What you are describing is absolutely weird and cannot work. The password must have at least 6 characters, but can be longer. This is obvious, that you will not be able to login by entering just part of your initial password.

I see the logs and can say that the VAST majority of people who has problems with sign in are using incorrect username. Just read my instructions the link to which I posted a bit earlier.
(08-22-2016, 08:57 PM)Arlene Wrote: ...My password is longer than 6 chracters, but I entered only the first 6 of them and... it worked! Smile ...

As ingwe already said, that's weird - just checked with my account, entering only the first 6 chars of it does not work.
(Only way how it could happen would *IF* the password management would use only a hash of the password, and the hash for your whole password would be same as for your truncated one..)
Yes, I agree it does not sound reasonable. Now I also realized I entered 7 characters of my password, not 6.
Still, it feels strange, as my original password was 12 signs long.

For a moment I've had another theory Wink 

At the registration I entered 12 signs logn password, but it included "space" in the 8th spot. Maybe this caused the problem?
I could see * appearing so I did not spot anything suspicious, but now I don't know if the system truly accepted this.

I've written I had this theory "for a moment", because right after the registration I logged in to the City Planner with that long password with space inside and it let me in.
I did not work the next day.

But anyway, I have noticed that a new option appeared in the login screen, so I guess it should be possible now to reset password in case of unexpected issues Cool