Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple and effective suggestions
Hello ! 

I agree with great ideas I've read there, and I want to insist on the most simple ones, that would be extremely helpful for this great tool you offer to us.

I've been using your planner for tens of cities ; my own planning but also for other people's cities. So I thank you a lot for this great work you did.

I think the most important suggestions, among those I've read, are:

Quote:(#Rosdav)
2a) Being able to delete an unoccupied expansion (4x4 square of space), but only if I added it via the planning tool.  
2b) Create an actual Storage space and function.

Quote:(#Mr Goldy)
A button to delete all roads at once.
Perhaps even add a button to delete all Watchfires and Victory Towers aswell.

I think these requests are quite simple, and would be really helpful.
I add a last suggestion:

Quote:(#arrakk)
In the blueprint view (the simplified one), the buildings should have 3 distinct colors, according to the type of road needed : one color for the buildings needing an avenue (double road), one color for those needing a simple path, and a last color for the decorations and the buildings that need no road.

This last idea will allow to see in a few seconds which buildings have not been well connected, and will help the player to organize the reconstruction of his city. A little screen to show what I mean: https://prnt.sc/ibsns0

Thanks again
Regards

arrakk
(02-08-2018, 09:52 AM)arrakk Wrote: Hello ! 

I agree with great ideas I've read there, and I want to insist on the most simple ones, that would be extremely helpful for this great tool you offer to us.

I've been using your planner for tens of cities ; my own planning but also for other people's cities. So I thank you a lot for this great work you did.

I think the most important suggestions, among those I've read, are:

Quote:(#Rosdav)
2a) Being able to delete an unoccupied expansion (4x4 square of space), but only if I added it via the planning tool.  
2b) Create an actual Storage space and function.

Quote:(#Mr Goldy)
A button to delete all roads at once.
Perhaps even add a button to delete all Watchfires and Victory Towers aswell.

I think these requests are quite simple, and would be really helpful.
I add a last suggestion:

Quote:(#arrakk)
In the blueprint view (the simplified one), the buildings should have 3 distinct colors, according to the type of road needed : one color for the buildings needing an avenue (double road), one color for those needing a simple path, and a last color for the decorations and the buildings that need no road.

This last idea will allow to see in a few seconds which buildings have not been well connected, and will help the player to organize the reconstruction of his city. A little screen to show what I mean: https://prnt.sc/ibsns0

Thanks again
Regards

arrakk

I have got your private message too, but will reply here.
First of all, thanks for the suggestions. They are interesting and valuable. However, I cannot give you any time frame when they might be developed. I am pretty busy with my main job right now. City planner have already taken pretty much of my time. So far, without financial support from the community I can just maintain it. 
And yes, I am a developer of Foe city planner. And yes, I am reading this forum on constant basis.
You can read a bit more here
[DISCUSSION] Foe City Planner
You can read how to support the project here
http://foemanager.com/community/showthread.php?tid=232