Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple and effective suggestions
Hello ! 

I agree with great ideas I've read there, and I want to insist on the most simple ones, that would be extremely helpful for this great tool you offer to us.

I've been using your planner for tens of cities ; my own planning but also for other people's cities. So I thank you a lot for this great work you did.

I think the most important suggestions, among those I've read, are:

Quote:(#Rosdav)
2a) Being able to delete an unoccupied expansion (4x4 square of space), but only if I added it via the planning tool.  
2b) Create an actual Storage space and function.

Quote:(#Mr Goldy)
A button to delete all roads at once.
Perhaps even add a button to delete all Watchfires and Victory Towers aswell.

I think these requests are quite simple, and would be really helpful.
I add a last suggestion:

Quote:(#arrakk)
In the blueprint view (the simplified one), the buildings should have 3 distinct colors, according to the type of road needed : one color for the buildings needing an avenue (double road), one color for those needing a simple path, and a last color for the decorations and the buildings that need no road.

This last idea will allow to see in a few seconds which buildings have not been well connected, and will help the player to organize the reconstruction of his city. A little screen to show what I mean: https://prnt.sc/ibsns0

Thanks again
Regards

arrakk
(02-08-2018, 09:52 AM)arrakk Wrote: Hello ! 

I agree with great ideas I've read there, and I want to insist on the most simple ones, that would be extremely helpful for this great tool you offer to us.

I've been using your planner for tens of cities ; my own planning but also for other people's cities. So I thank you a lot for this great work you did.

2a) Being able to delete an unoccupied expansion (4x4 square of space), but only if I added it via the planning tool.  

I add a last suggestion:

In the blueprint view (the simplified one), the buildings should have 3 distinct colors, according to the type of road needed : one color for the buildings needing an avenue (double road), one color for those needing a simple path, and a last color for the decorations and the buildings that need no road.

This last idea will allow to see in a few seconds which buildings have not been well connected, and will help the player to organize the reconstruction of his city. A little screen to show what I mean: https://prnt.sc/ibsns0

Thanks again
Regards

arrakk

I have got your private message too, but will reply here.
First of all, thanks for the suggestions. They are interesting and valuable. However, I cannot give you any time frame when they might be developed. I am pretty busy with my main job right now. City planner have already taken pretty much of my time. So far, without financial support from the community I can just maintain it. 
And yes, I am a developer of Foe city planner. And yes, I am reading this forum on constant basis.
You can read a bit more here
[DISCUSSION] Foe City Planner
You can read how to support the project here
http://foemanager.com/community/showthread.php?tid=232
(02-08-2018, 09:52 AM)arrakk Wrote: Hello ! 

I add a last suggestion:

Thanks again
Regards

arrakk
With the delete all roads idea I would recommend that this be changed to highlighted or selected otherwise all roads would be taken out and you would then need to replace them, if you made and error in one area of the city selecting delete all roads would then undo all the correct roads as well, so wasting ones time and effort.
So instead of delete all roads or type of build I would go with erase selected, GB, Road, building, ornament and section this would be more controllable and safer option.

Note I have not said added GB or section for one main reason, that being that from time to time we find that we now have a GB that has now become redundant and in the game will be removed, also only added sections that are unoccupied and selected be removed, if it one by one then that would be a workable option.
It would give one the true look of how the city would then look.